25.05.2009

ATP - A VICTORY IN STRAIGHT SETS TO START OFF WITH

Roger swept into the second round of the French Open today by defeating Spain's Alberto Martin 6-4, 6-3, 6-2.


"I started a little slowly," he said afterwards. "He plays very far behind the baseline so I had to make adjustments. Then I started to serve well. That allowed me to play more freely and I was able to dominate."

It was a bit of a rough start for Roger when he was broken in his first serve but he later levelled to 2-2. Roger then went on to break Martin for a second time in the 10th game to take the set. From then on our champ was clearly in control, dominating during his serve and breaking his opponent regularly.


Roger eased to victory in an hour and 43 minutes, setting up a second-round meeting with either José Acasuso or Santiago Ventura.

0 comments:

Post a Comment