12.08.2009

ATP - ROGER IN ROUND THREE

Roger defeated Canadian outsider Frederic Niemeyer to advance 7-6 (3), 6-4 in the second round of the ATP Montreal Masters.

"I'm very happy with my game. I reacted well in my first match back," Roger commented. "I played the big points well. I'm very pleased. I'm happy to be back after the long break. We played at a very high level. Frederic has a big serve and is tough."

Our number one had a bit of adjusting to do. As the first set failed to produce a break, Roger then took the opener in a tie-break 7-3. Niemeyer continued to battle in the second until Roger finally wore down the Canadian, earning the only break of the match to go up 4-3 before wrapping it up after 86 minutes.

Next up is either fellow countryman Stanislas Wawrinka (ATP 22) or Andrej Golubew (ATP 66).

0 comments:

Post a Comment