23.08.2009

ATP - ROGER SEEKS THIRD CINCI TITLE


Roger defeated defending champion Andy Murray 6-2, 7-6 (8) today, stopping a four-match losing streak to the 22-year-old Scot.

"I know my game's on, and when my game's on, I know I can beat any player in the world," Roger commented. Our champ was in control during the first set, breaking Murray’s serve twice and nearly breaking it a third time when the Scot saved three break points to win his second game. Roger closed the first set with a successful challenge along the right sideline.
Murray never led in either set, but kept the second set within a game at all times and was able to force the tiebreaker.

Roger will play the winner of Saturday night’s second semifinal between world No. 3 Rafael Nadal and No. 4 Novak Djokovic in the final Sunday afternoon. Roger will be seeking his third win here after titles in 2005 and 2007.

0 comments:

Post a Comment