09.11.2009

ATP - THANK YOU!

Dear Fans

Last week in Basel was an interesting and also intensive one. It was great to spend some time in my home town together with my family and enjoy what the city has to offer. It is, of course, a pity that I was not able to defend my title at the Swiss Indoors.

There were various things happening next to the tennis tournament. I was able to meet up with my friends and family, I hadn’t seen a lot of them for quite some time. It’s great that so many were able to make their way to Basel.
Furthermore, I had the opportunity to give something back to others: I met children and also participated in an event organised by my official fan club, fans4roger. The children had a special day in Basel, arranged by an institution called “wonderlamp”. It was their greatest wish to meet me in person. My fan club arranged for 100 fans to attend one of my training sessions on Center Court, followed by a meet and greet.

It is always fascinating to see so many happy, beaming faces. It shows me just how far I am able to reach out through my sport. I would like to thank all of you for your interest, your support and the joy you show throughout the entire year. My fan club was also present with their banners during the matches on Center Court once again and the whole atmosphere at the tournament was terrific. I would like to express my gratitude for all that.

I am looking forward to the end of the season, especially of course the ATP World Tour Finals in London.

Yours, Roger

Links:

fans4roger
Aktion Wunderlampe

0 comments:

Post a Comment