700th singles win !

Roger eased into the fourth round of the French Open with a 6-4 6-0 6-4 win over German qualifier Julian Reister today, earning his 700th singles victory!

"With my own form, I'm very happy. I'm ready to mix up my game playing aggressive," said Federer. "I'm not sure today if I had to face break points. "I'm getting very few breaks, and that's obviously always a good thing looking ahead." It was Roger's 700th career singles wins on the ATP Tour, making him only the 10th player ever, and only active pro, to have won 700 or more singles matches.

Reister managed to keep up with Roger's pace in the first set, especially as Roger was unable to convert the first seven break points he had. Once Roger broke for a 5-4 lead in the first set it was plain sailing for number one seed. Roger raced through the second set in just 18 minutes, completing a 'bagle'. It took one more break in the third set before Roger wrapped up the match after 93 minutes with a regulation forehand.

In the round of the last eight, Roger will meet either Stanislas Wawrinka or Fabio Fognini (ATP 92). Should Wawrinka make it through, Sunday's match would be the first meeting between two Swiss players at a Grand Slam tournament in the last ten years.

Date: 29.05.2010, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment