Semis at the US Open

Roger raced into the semi-finals at the US Open today by defeating Sweden's Robin Söderling  6-4, 6-4, 7-5 at a windswept Flushing Meadows.

Our champion took advantage of the tricky conditions in New York and served 18 aces and just two double faults, while it took Söderling until the fifth game of the third set to serve the first of his two aces. Roger, whose string of five consecutive US Open titles was snapped in last year's final, commanded his serve with power and precision through the adverse conditions to quash Soderling in just 116 minutes.

"I've practised my serve my whole career, if I can't serve in the wind I've got a problem!" Roger joked after the match. "You can wake me up at two in the morning or four in the morning and I can hit serves."

Roger will now face Novak Djokovic on Saturday for the fourth year in series in the tournament. Roger won all three previous contests.

Date: 09.09.2010, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment