Roger Federer ready to go at Stockholm

It was a very relaxed Roger Federer who appeared at the Kungl. Hallen in front of a room filled with journalists, and TV cameras eager to get the first impressions of the legendary Swiss since he landed in Sweden on Monday afternoon.

After being forced to miss the tournament in which he was initially entered in 2008, Federer is finally in Stockholm where he hasn’t played since 2000, and two days after losing the final of the Masters 1000 tournament in Shanghai against Andy Murray he is looking surprisingly fresh.

“Actually I’m not jetlagged. I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 10 which is perfect,” he said. “It wasn’t very tiring in Shanghai, and the only tough match I played was against Djokovic in the semis. I have a Thursday start here, and I’m very confident that I will be in perfect shape,” he added.

“I like to play tennis and I haven’t been here in 10 years. And the fact that Thomas (Johansson) and Jonas (Björkman) are in charge makes it extra special” said the former pupil of Peter Lundgren, who expects a good end of the year.

“Physically I’m feeling good, and mentally I have a lot left in me. I don’t feel like it’s the end of the year. I intend to make it fun for myself.”

Date: 19.10.2010, Source: Stockholm Open

0 comments:

Post a Comment