Roger Federer plays Rafael Nadal in the final

Roger defeated Novak Djokovic 6-1, 6-4 in the semi-final in London today. He has reached the final of the ATP World Tour Finals for the sixth time in the nine times he has participated.

Roger won the first set after approximately half an hour due to his outstanding performance. Djokovic began the second set in determined fashion and broke Roger for the first time to take a 2-0 lead. But the joy from an increased margin of 3-0 lasted only two games for Djokovic when Roger began to battle back and leveled the match at 3-3. Roger won the match pulling away with an service winner out of reach for Djokovic.

"It's been a great tournament so far, clearly, having not lost a set and beaten so many good players, close rivals. Today was another great match," said Federer. "Obviously I'm really looking forward to playing against Rafa tomorrow. Who wouldn't? I'm no different.

"I'm really looking forward to playing him for the first time in the finals of a [Barclays ATP] World Tour Finals. I think I played him twice in the semis before, so it should be entertaining and exciting for both of us."

It seems like it's working this week," said Roger after the match. "I played well against a player who's had a great season. I played a great match so I'm very happy. I hope I can keep this up for a long, long time."

Therefore, the dream final is perfect: Roger will face Rafael Nadal on Sunday.

Date: 28.11.2010, Source: RF Official and ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment