First final in 2011 !

Roger is through to his first final of 2011! He defeated Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 7-6(2) at the Qatar Open today.

"I started very well. The break in the first set was, of course, very important," Roger said. "I had a few problems in the second set, but my serve always kept me in the match. It was a great match all in all. I feel good and am looking forward to the final."

Roger looked untroubled as he brought home the first set after just 25 minutes. He only dropped four points on his own serve in the opener and broke Tsonga once to take the lead. Tsonga rallied in the second which ended in a tie-break - and Roger once again thrived under pressure to book his spot in the final.

Roger is seeking his third title in Doha after 2005 and 2006 and will play Nikolay Davydenko in the final.

Date: 07.01.2011, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment