Roger reaches Dubai final

Roger has reached the final of the tournament in Dubai thanks to a 6-2, 7-5 victory over Richard Gasquet today.

Roger had no problems in the first set, playing aggressively and not facing too much resistance from the Frenchman. But he fell back 3-5 in the second as Gasquet made more of a fight of the encounter. And then Roger once again did what we love him for - raise the pressure and take the lead - as he secured the last four games and thus the match.

“I was very happy about my performance from the start,” reflected Federer. “I felt I was hitting the ball well. He's a great talent. He's one of the guys I really enjoy playing the most on tour. I thought tonight I played the right way. Obviously should have gone or could have gone three sets, but I was able to avoid that. Then he had a bit of a slump towards the end, which I was able to take advantage of.”

Roger will now face Novak Djokovic in Saturday's final, in a replay of their Australian Open semi-final in January. The defeat is Roger's only one so far this season, Djokovic is yet to loose a match.

Date: 25.02.2011, Source: RF Official & ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment