A clear loss against Rafa

Roger suffered a clear 3-6, 2-6 loss against Rafael Nadal in the semi-final of the Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne.

"It just got worse and worse. And when I had a chance I simply played too weak. Today was nothing to write about, I'm afraid," Roger commented. "I know that I can do many more things in the game. I'm very excited by what's to come still."

“I had a few mini chances, which against Rafa I was down right away,” said Federer. “From then it was an uphill battle. When I did have chances I played poorly and he came up with some good stuff. Off night for me, unfortunately.”

It was no easy task playing against a very strong Nadal as the Spaniard never dropped his serve and converted four of five break-point chances, committing only 10 unforced errors. Roger counted a total of 31 unforced errors and shanked several shots.

Next on Roger's schedule is the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters which starts in a week and opens the clay-season for Roger.

Date: 02.04.2011, Source: RF Official and ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment