Round four at the French Open

Roger booked his spot in the last 16 of the French Open with ease today, defeating Janko Tipsarevic 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 in precisely 90 minutes.

"I'm very happy, really," Roger said. "I thought that it would have been a lot more difficult. The first set was the key. That gave me confidence and it made him doubt his game plan. It's very nice playing tennis in such a situation because I feel I have less pressure than 10 years ago when everyone was comparing me to Pete Sampras and I had not won anything yet. So it's more relaxed now."

Roger raced through the first set, securing it after a mere 19 minutes thanks to two breaks. There was a fair deal of rallying in the second set and Roger hat to fight off a break-point with an ace, only to break through himself later to 3-2 and finally take the set. The last set and thus the match clearly went to Roger without much of a fight.

Roger next faces either Stanislas Wawrinka or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in the quarter-finals.

Date: 27.05.2011, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment