Federer far from finished

Roger Federer recently turned 30, an age when he may be expected to start winding down. But he’s having none of it. The 16-time Grand Slam champion believes he has many more good years left in him and will start by attempting to win a sixth US Open title.

“My preparation has been good and I'm excited for the tournament to start,” said the Swiss. “Clearly it's always a great event to be a part of. I’ve had success here obviously. It's nice to be back."

“This is my 13th time here, 12th time maybe in the main draw. It's definitely an inspiration seeing guys being around for a long time like Ken Rosewall, Jimmy Connors, Andre Agassi, and then there are tons of other players who were there for a long time.

“I feel my game allows me to still play for many more years because I have a relaxing playing style,” continued the Basel native. “I have almost played a thousand matches on tour and that takes its toll, but I'm very professional when it comes to massages, stretching, diet, sleep, all of that stuff. That's why I'm confident I can still play for many more years to come at the highest of levels.”

Federer opens his campaign at Flushing Meadows on Monday evening, when he faces Colombian Santiago Giraldo in the Arthur Ashe evening session.

Date: 28.08.2011, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment