Federer focused on winning Paris title

Roger Federer admitted at the BNP Paribas Masters on Tuesday that he'd "love to win here" and add to his 17 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles.

"I have attended this tournament many times and it's true I have never made it to the finals," said Federer, who reached the semi-finals last year. "For me not to make the finals here with all the success [I've had] is almost a bit disappointing, to be quite honest. Until maybe two, three years ago I didn't feel quite comfortable on the centre court."

Federer arrived in the French capital on Monday afternoon, having lifted his 68th tour-level trophy and fifth at the Swiss Indoors Basel on Sunday. He will play Adrian Mannarino in the second round on Wednesday.

"I'm obviously excited for hopefully a tough week ahead here, because obviously I want to do well here," he said. "I've got to play five matches in a row, which is a lot in five days, but I have done it many times before."

Federer has been drawn in the same half of the Paris draw as Andy Murray, the second seed, who has won 25 of his past 26 matches. The Swiss sees Murray as a threat for the title and at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, which begins on 20 November.

"He's probably going to be one of the favorites here and London, next to Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic and myself," said Federer. "I think Andy is definitely strong enough right now, and I think he's going to have a really good next year as well. That's the feeling I have."



Date: 08.11.2011, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment