Federer receives two ATP World Tour Awards

Roger Federer was honoured in a special, on-court presentation Monday at The O2, as the winner of the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award and ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite presented by RICOH in the 2011 ATP World Tour Awards.

The 30-year-old Swiss accepted his two trophies, crafted by Tipperary Crystal, from ATP Executive Chairman & President Adam Helfant and RICOH Europe’s Director of Corporate Communications Javier Diez-Aguirre.

“Many awards now. It’s 22 from the ATP [World Tour Awards] and nine straight Fans’ Favourite,” said Federer. “I can only thank them as many times as I already have, through the TV, through websites and when I see them and sign autographs and speak to them, how friendly they always are with me, and how nice it is to be well-liked, really. It’s nice to have so many fans all around the world.

“And then the Stefan Edberg award is very special to me because he was an idol for me growing up. Sort of being popular like him and being regarded from my fellow peers, and my rivals really at times, as a fair player... This is already my seventh award in the fair play category, so it’s very nice and I’m very proud of those achievements.”



Date: 21.11.2011, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment