Federer withdrawn from Rogers Cup in Toronto

Tennis Canada announced that world No. 1 Roger Federer has withdrawn from next week's Rogers Cup in Toronto.

"I am very disappointed that I have to withdraw from Toronto as I love the city and the Canadian fans are amazing. I have always enjoyed playing there but after a long stretch of tournaments, I will need some time to recover,” said Federer. "I look forward to coming back to Canada next year."

Federer have won the tournament twice in 2004 and 2006. He has only 90 points to defend in this year's Rogers Cup since he lost in round of 16 in 2011.

Due to Federer’s withdrawal, Canada’s Milos Raonic now moves into the No. 16 seed position and will receive a first-round bye. The draw to determine first-round match-ups will take place on Saturday.

Date: 4th August 2012, Source: Rogers Cup

1 comments:

  1. Check out daily schedule of rogers cup like order of play, timings, rogers cup draws and more details
    Rogers Cup 2012 Schedule

    ReplyDelete