Federer, Hewitt visit The Bund in Shanghai after draw ceremony

World No. 1 Roger Federer and Lleyton Hewitt both took part in the Shanghai Rolex Masters draw ceremony on Saturday morning.

Afterwards, Federer was taken to the Rolex Boutique on The Bund, while Hewitt walked along the waterfront area in the centre of the city, lining the Huangpu River.

“I am very happy to be back in Shanghai,” said Federer, who walked around the Rolex Experience exhibition, which features some of his Wimbledon memorabilia.

“I have a lot of fans here. I have not been here for two years because so many things in my life have changed, like having a family. I decided five days ago that I was ready to play here and I discussed it with my wife Mirka, because it’s important to have a happy wife. I am very happy to be back here, where I have had a lot of success in the past.”

Both Federer and Hewitt have had success in Shanghai, winning the Tennis Masters Cup, the former name of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, which was held in the city in 2002, 2005-’08.

Federer won two Tennis Masters Cup titles at Shanghai Qi Zhong Stadium in 2006 (d. Blake) and 2007 (d. Ferrer). He was also runner-up in 2005 (d. Nalbandian).

Ten years ago, former World No. 1 Hewitt won Tennis Masters Cup title in Shanghai, having beaten Federer in the semi-finals.

Date: 6th October 2012, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment