Federer lost to Djokovic in Paris semis

Roger Federer was not able to win his semi-final against Novak Djokovic in Paris-Bercy today, he was defeated 6-4, 3-6, 2-6 in a two hours battle.

Federer made a strong start to the semi-final contest, breaking for a 2-1 lead. He saved four break points in the 10th game before clinching the opener.

The Basel native immediately capitalised on his momentum with a break of serve in the first game of the second set, but Djokovic fought back well. The Serb won five of the next six games to level the match and dominated the decider, losing only five points on serve as he claimed victory in just over two hours.

“I was pretty happy with my level of play,” said Federer. “I wish I could have kept it up for a bit longer and put him under pressure, but Novak battled well to stay in the match in the second set and the third set. I had my chances in the second and third sets. Disappointed right now, but overall it was a good week for me.”

Date: 2nd November 2013, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment