Federer sets up Del Potro rematch

One day after securing his berth in the ATP World Tour Finals, Roger Federer continued his success on the indoor courts in Paris, advancing to face Juan Martin del Potro in a rematch of their Swiss Indoors Basel final.

Federer needed just over one hour to secure a 6-3, 6-4 victory over his German opponent at the BNP Paribas Masters on Thursday, serving eight aces and defending the three break points he faced during the third-round match.

"I'm happy with the way things went today from start to finish," said Federer. "I was able to play a consistent match, and I closed out nicely."

The 32-year-old Federer goes on to del Potro in a rematch of the Swiss Indoors Basel final, which the Argentine won in three thrilling sets.

"I have an idea of my tactics, my game plan," said Federer about playing del Potro. "Now it's important to be able to actually do it on the court."

Federer leads 13-5 in their Head to Head meetings, with the 17-time Grand Slam champion losing their previous three encounters. "It's an important match for me now," said Federer. "I need to take my opportunities."

Date: 31st October 2013, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment