Federer: Davis Cup final could become distraction

Roger Federer admits the upcoming Davis Cup final could become a distraction if he makes it to the latter stages of the World Tour Finals in London.

Federer's Switzerland face France over November 21-23, but should he reach the semi-finals or final at the O2 Arena, he would have less than a week to prepare.

"It's not normally [a distraction]," Federer said. "I'm totally not in that mood when I walk past French people and players.

"I don't think of it. It shows I'm mentally focused on the World Tour Finals.

"The only time where I could see it creeping into my mind is if I make it through to the semi-final or final here.

"Then you know Davis Cup is close. It's still somewhat far away, so during the round robin matches there's no way it's going to distract me."

Federer begins his tournament on Sunday against Milos Raonic, the man who beat him in the quarter-finals of the Paris Masters and dented his bid to finish the year as No.1.

"You can catch guys in spells, especially when there's certain rankings [to play for]," added Federer.

"The good thing is I'm not feeling badly. I lost to Milos because he played well, you can accept that and try to react to it.

"As I'm feeling good, I'm happy I get a chance for a rematch."

Date: 8th November 2014, Source: ESPN UK

0 comments:

Post a Comment