Federer: Grand Slams will be my priority in 2015

After "The Match for Africa 2" Exhibition in Zurich, Switzerland where he beat his fellow countryman Stan Wawrinka 7-6(4), 6-4, Roger Federer talked about his plans for 2015.

"Next year I will have to be very careful managing my schedule" Federer said, before adding that: "The Grand Slam tournaments will be my priority and I will try to be in the great form during those events."

Roger said that he will spend Christmas with his family in Switzerland before flying to Australia where he will start his 2015 season at the Brisbane International starting on January 5th.

After the Australian Open, a tournament that he won 4 times although he has not made it to the Final since 2010, Federer will define the rest of his schedule including whether or not to play in the Davis Cup 1st Round, where Switzerland will travel to Belgium to defend their 2014 title.

The World No. 2 explained that "A lot will depend on if I have a chance to get back to No.1 after the Australian Open."

Date: 24th December 2014, Source: Tennis World USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment