Roger reaches 3rd round

Roger advanced to the third round by beating qualifier Ilija Bozoljac 6-3, 6-7 (4), 6-4, 7-6 (5). The six-time champion had a slightly easier time than in his opening match, when he overcame a two-set deficit. But he had trouble putting Bozoljac away, converting only three of 13 break-point chances. Roger, playing on unfamiliar territory on Court One, managed to avoid being broken throughout the match and eventually prevailed in two hours and 46 minutes.

“I wish they were straight sets, obviously," Roger said. "But as long as you're moving on, especially at Wimbledon, I'm a happy man." "He played really well," Federer said. "I served well at key moments and I'm very happy with the way I got through. It could have gone five, so I'm happy."

"People maybe got a little bit spoiled and thought the early rounds are not even a competition any more," Federer said. "It just shows how deep the men's game is at the moment. People think they're all scared of me. I always think they actually play better matches against me because they have nothing to lose."

"As we know, we have no draws in tennis, so there will be a loser," Federer said. "But I guess in this match, both will be winners because this is just absolutely amazing." the Swiss admitted.

Roger will play Arnaud Clement in his third match in Wimbledon.

Date: 24.06.2010, Source: RF Official & AP

0 comments:

Post a Comment