Art of tennis

Roger once again proved his passion for art and tennis - but not on a tennis court this time. All players qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals to be held in London (November 21 to 28) have been asked to create a work of art by hitting tennis balls covered in paint onto a canvas.

"It was great fun being invited to create my self portrait and I'm excited to see how the finished piece looks," Roger said. "Raising money for charity is always a great thing so already I would like to thank people who will buy these pictures and it's going to be for a good cause. I'm happy I can help a bit. I am very happy as it is the ninth consecutive year I have qualified for the year-end event. I have played in a lot of different venues during my career and I can say they staged a fantastic event at The O2 last year. I look forward to returning there in November and finishing the season strong."

The artworks will be on display for the public before being auctioned for charity. Discover all the information on the "Art of Tennis" on the ATP website.

Date: 27.09.2010, Source: RF Official and ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment