Roger in Stockholm final

Roger made it through to the final of the Stockholm Open today by defeating Ivan Ljubicic of Croatia 7-6(5), 6-2.

Our champ once again had to come back from a slow start, fighting back from a break down in the opening set. But it was not long before he found his rhythm and eventually captured the set in the tiebreak. Roger then played a wonderful backhand winner in the second set to take a 3-2 lead. Another break in game number seven gave him a comfortable lead to serve out the match - which Roger ended in style with an ace.

“It’s been a good a year when it comes to making the finals but I don’t have the best win-loss record this year,” Federer said. “In the past I’ve had an amazing run. I think I won 24 straight finals at one stage, so this could be the start of the streak again.”

“I thought he came out and really executed his game perfectly,” Federer said. “I didn’t feel I started bad, it’s just I didn’t start great.”

“I found a way again, I stayed patient, I hung in there and the second set really things recovered well for me, so I’m very happy,” Federer said.

Roger is playing Germany's Florian Mayer (ATP 47) in Sunday's final, aiming for his 64th ATP tournament title. He has clearly won both encounters with Mayer so far.

Date: 23.10.2010, Source: RF Official and AP

0 comments:

Post a Comment