No sleep, no problem for Roger

Roger Federer shared that he didn’t have the best sleep coming into his first BNP Paribas Masters final, and it wasn’t just because he was anxious about winning the title at this ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament. The Swiss, a father to two-year-old twins, was given a 4am wake-up call by his daughter.

“It happened many times that she wakes me up in the night this year, but I was not 25 times in the final,” he said. “I was hoping that during the night it would go well, but suddenly I was running with Mirka in the room to see if everything was okay. And she said, ‘Let's take her in our bed.’  I said, ‘Okay, let's do that.’ I didn't even question this. I just said okay. I can't have a fight at 4:00 in the morning with her.”

All was forgiven after Federer went on defeat Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-1, 7-6(3) to win his second title in as many weeks. “In the end, it was all right. I am happy,” he said with a laugh. “It happened several times this week, so maybe it's a good sign.”

Federer also managed to find the strength to lift the heavy BNP Paribas Masters trophy.

“Almost cramped in my biceps,” he joked. “I have had like two or three other ones that have been very, very heavy. One was in Gstaad. I got a rock there. I could hardly lift it. I don't know where else, but there was some other place I could barely not lift the trophy. But this one I could. This is steel, so you can imagine how strong I am. (Laughter.)”

Date: 14.11.2011, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment