Nadal: Federer's records tell the 'True Story'

Rafael Nadal may lead Roger Federer 20-10 in their Head 2 Head series, but insists that the numbers in the record books support his belief that the Swiss is the greatest player in history. He used a football analogy to illustrate his point: Roger has 17 Grand Slams and a lot of records on his shoulders. It would be very arrogant and very stupid for me say that today I have a comparison with him just because he has a negative head-to-head against me. I think the head-to-head are important matches. But, for instance, Chelsea beat Manchester United in both matches during the season, but Manchester United won the Premier League. The better team is Manchester United.”

“I am happy about what I achieved,” he continued. “I am happy about what I am winning. But Roger has better numbers than me, and that's the reality. Nobody has more Grand Slams (17 Grands Slams so far) than him. He's the guy with most weeks in the history of No. 1 for 302 weeks. So these kind of records say that he's the best in history. Numbers are for that.”

Date: 5th June 2013, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment