17.01.2009

ATP - 'A WONDERFUL PREPARATION'

After his 6-1 6-3 win over Stanislas Wawrinka in the AAMI Classic Roger described it as "wonderful preparation" for the Australian Open.

Roger did not make his Davis Cup teammate any presents, displaying breathtaking tennis in front of a sell-out crowd during 57 minutes. He broke three times in the opening set before wrapping it up in 27 minutes. He was in no mood to hang about ahead of his Australian Open first-round clash against Andreas Seppi and closed out the second set in spectacular fashion.

"It was a wonderful preparation for all the players for the Australian Open. I don't want to get too excited about it - but I think I played a really great match today against Stan," said our 13-time grand slam champion after collecting his trophy. "I'm happy I played my best tennis at the very end."

Roger will play his first round at the Australian Open against Andreas Seppi on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment