25.01.2009

ATP - ROGER FIGHTS BACK FROM TWO SETS DOWN!

Roger survived an early scare today before bouncing Tomas Berdych (ATP 21) out of the Australian Open with a heroic comeback from two sets down: 4-6, 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4, 6-2!


"I am very proud of my performance today. Tomas puts great power in his forehand, backhand and also his serve. That's what makes playing him that difficult. There was loads of adrenalin in the match today, I had to keep pushing myself forward. I then managed to commit less errors, I served well, that was the key. I am very happy with the result - I was, after all, almost on the plane back home already."

It was only Roger's fourth career recovery from the depths, he also preserved a Grand Slam quarter-final run dating back five years. Our champ had difficulties right from the start, losing serve five times in the first three sets. Only after reducing the amount of errors from the third set on did he take the lead.
Roger will meet Juan Martin Del Potro (ATP 6) in the quarter finals. Roger has won all three encounters with the Argentine so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment