20.03.2009

ATP - SEMIS AGAINST MURRAY

Roger held off a late rally from Fernando Verdasco to score a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory Thursday night in Indian Wells, advancing to the semi finals.

Roger had a great start and continued well into the second set, taking a 4-1 lead. However, Verdasco got on a run and broke Roger twice, including the 11th game to take a 6-5 lead to serve for the set. “I don't think I served great in those games, and I think he got some good hits in,” Roger said. “Because he's got such big shots, especially his forehand, he can put you under pressure quickly.


Roger fought off set points, taking the second set into the tie-break where he raced out to a 5-1 lead and later finished with a service winner.


Roger will play Andy Murray in the semis, which will be a rematch of the U.S. Open final, which Roger won in the fall. "He's a great player and great players are tough to play against," said Roger. "He's young, so you still have to figure him out a little bit. He's changing his game as time goes by. Every time you play him, he plays a bit different. I'm aware he has beaten me more than I've beaten him but, on big occasions, I think I came through."

0 comments:

Post a Comment