09.06.2009

ATP - GERRY WEBER OPEN, HALLE

Dear fans

I am sorry to announce that I have decided to withdraw from this week's Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Germany.

I sincerely apologize to the tournament organizers, my competitors, and my fans in Germany. I only hope they will understand that I still feel emotionally overwhelmed and exhausted by the incredible events of the past few days. It is hard for me to admit, but I simply cannot imagine giving my best effort in another tournament right away and I don't want to risk injury if I am not 100% prepared. I need to rest and recuperate.

I look forward to returning to Halle in 2010 to go for my sixth title. It is one of my favorite events on the ATP World Tour.

I also want to thank all of you for your unbelievable support these past two weeks. You are the best, and you helped me make a dream come true.

Roger

0 comments:

Post a Comment