01.07.2009

ATP - A CONVINCING VICTORY

Roger did very well getting past Ivo Karlovic’s huge serves today to reach the Wimbledon semifinals with a 6-3, 7-5, 7-6 (3) victory. He is now only two more steps from a record 15th Grand Slam title!

"I love the record I have reaching so many semi-finals in grand slams in a row," said Roger. "Twenty-one, it shows how consistent I have been, how injury-free I have been to be able keep it up for such a long time … to play so well this week, I am really excited."

In a match featuring short points and few rallies, Roger conjured up a few great returns to break the 6-foot-10 Croatian twice. He will now face Tommy Haas in Friday’s semifinals. Haas reached his first Wimbledon semifinal by upsetting No. 4 Novak Djokovic 7-5, 7-6 (6), 4-6, 6-3 today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment