Roger wins No. 900

Roger defeated America's Taylor Dent (ATP 101) 6-1, 6-2 in his 900th ATP match today to reach the quarter finals of the Stockholm Open. That means the next match will be against Roger's fellow countryman Stanislas Wawrinka.

“When I look back in 98, I played my first one, 900 matches later it’s quite crazy but I’ve done so well. I’ve got a great win-loss record,” Federer said. “I couldn’t ask for a better career.

“I think 1,000 should be rather easy to be honest, we play over 50 a year, so that should be done in a couple of years.”

It took the 16-time Grand Slam winner just 17 minutes to win the first set, breaking Dent twice.

“That was a good night of tennis for me. Hardly any stupid mistakes, stay on the offensive, and tried out a few things,” Federer said. “Also tried to throw in some serve and volley as the lead got bigger and bigger.”

Date: 22.10.2010, Source: RF Official and AP

0 comments:

Post a Comment