Roger missed Paris final

Roger will still have to wait to play his first Paris Masters final. He had to accept a 6-7(7), 7-6(1), 6-7(4) defeat against France's Gaƫl Monfils in the semi-final in Paris today.

Our champ fought out an enthralling contest with Monfils. The match was as tight as can be, requiring three tie-breaks to settle matters. Both players showed great tennis and made no presents. It was until the end of the second set when, needing to level things to stay in the match, Roger raised his game to snatch the tie-break and take the match into a third set. Roger then raced to a 4-1 lead in the deciding set and looked to be on course for a spot in the final. But his French opponent fought hard, battling his way back into the contest and finally even win the match in the last tie-break. Roger unfortunately could not make use of his 5 match points.

“Tough match. Obviously very much a serving contest,” Federer told reporters.

“This is where I have some regrets: I don’t even remember if he played well or if I played bad. I was feeling good in this tournament until now. Of course this hurts. Maybe on breakpoints I could have played better, maybe on one or two.”

"I feel good physically. In a way it is a relief that I was able to finish the tournament in good physical health. I'm fresh mentally, too. This is the most important thing. I'm going to back to Switzerland quickly and I'm going to prepare for London, because London is the great final of the year. I think I have good chances maybe in London for winning."

Date: 14.11.2010, Source: RF Official, ATP and Reuters

0 comments:

Post a Comment