Signed Self-Portrait & Racquet

In celebration of Roger's qualification for the 2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, the ATP has released his one-of-a-kind self-portrait and racquet for auction! Created using paint covered tennis balls, the piece marks Roger's participation in this year’s season-ending event.

The unique 'Art Of Tennis' collection will be exhibited at the O2 from 21-28 November during the week of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

"It was great fun being invited to create my self portrait and I'm excited to see how the finished piece looks. Raising money for charity is always a great thing so already I would like to thank people who will buy these pictures and it's going to be for a good cause. I'm happy I can help a bit. I am very happy as it is the ninth consecutive year I have qualified for the year-end event. I have played in a lot of different venues during my career and I can say they staged a fantastic event at The O2 last year. I look forward to returning there in November and finishing the season strong." said Roger.

Specific details about the art work
  • Acrylic paint
  • 1220mm (48 in.) x 1400 mm ( 55 in.) x 25 mm (1 in.)
  • 5kg (11 lbs)
  • Comes with signed player racquet used to make painting
Support the Roger Federer Foundation & Save The Children
All money raised through the online auction will be donated to charity, with 50% of funds going towards Save the Children - the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals official charity - and the remaining 50% going towards Roger's charity of choice, the Roger Federer Foundation.
Date: 20.11.2010, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment