Sampras: I'm impressed that Federer travels with his kids

Pete Sampras says that he is impressed that Roger Federer travels with his family when he is on tour. Sampras said that he would never have been able to pull all three things - that is being a father, a husband and a tennis player all together.

After eclipsing Sampras's record of 14 Grand Slam titles back in 2009 at Wimbledon, Roger Federer seems to have left idol Pete Sampras behind in an aspect of life too it seems. The American says that he is mighty impressed with the fact that Federer travels with his wife and kids when he is on tour, and seems to be very happy doing that.

“I’m impressed that he has carried on travelling with his children. To be a father, and a husband, and a tennis player, all at the same time, and on the road, that’s very hard. I don’t know I would have been able to pull it off, but Roger always looks as though he has a good situation on the road with his wife and his kids. I don’t know if I would have had the patience with my kids. I think I would have wanted to have been in a different hotel room to my kids, but Roger is able to handle it well. He wants his wife and kids with him everywhere, and that is great. Maybe I was just a different breed to Roger. I just don’t know if I could have done everything on the road, as Roger does.

He then continued:

“We both have two kids and we talk about that. I’m interested to hear how he travels with his kids. I was never in that position. It’s obviously hard enough work to be looking after two kids at home, but when you’re travelling with them, that’s going to take up even more time and energy, even if you have help with nannies.”

Date: 28th November 2013, Source: Tennis Earth

0 comments:

Post a Comment