Roger Federer: I want to visit India and see the Taj Mahal

Former World No.1 Roger Federer has said that he would like to visit India sometime soon and would love to see the Taj Mahal and the ancient forts of Rajasthan with his wife Mirka.

17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has never played in India, but the Swiss icon has mentioned that he would love to come down to India to experience the love of his fans who reside in the sub-continent.

The 32 year old said: "India has always intrigued me. My wife and I always talk about visiting and vacationing there. I'd like to play in India - play there now in my prime, more so for my fans. More than playing tennis, I want to travel to India. I know I've a lot of fans in India, and 'the lot' would have something to do with numbers. India and China are large on population numbers and, in many ways that adds to the atmosphere."

He added: "It would be fantastic if a friend could take us through the country to the different places, where we can taste the contrasting cultures that make up India. I'm curious about the languages, how they sound when spoken by the local people. I want to go to Rajasthan, see the Great Indian Desert; I want to see the Taj Mahal. I'd like to travel down south, and the east and the west. I'm not sure if one trip is enough for India - there's so much in India, an ancient civilization."

Date: 27th February 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment