Roger starts well

Roger opened his bid for a third title in Miami in successful manner, breezing past Ecuador's Nicolas Lapentti 6-3, 6-3 in his first match.

"I served well and made a good start on all my service games. I knew I would have chances on his serve and I took them. It's a pleasing performance and a good start."

Roger struggled with his forehand in the beginning, but fought to earn his first break point to advance to 5-3 in the opening set. Both players competed well in the second set, neither able to reach break point until 3-3. Roger struck first, taking a 4-3 lead as Lapentti gave away a backhand error. Roger then went on to complete the match with no trouble as he collected two match points at 5-3. A well-struck, cross-court backhand sealed the win for our champ in 66 minutes.

Roger will meet France's Florent Serra (ATP 61) in the third round of play. The two have never met before on the Tour.

Date: 28.03.2010, Source: RF Official

0 comments:

Post a Comment