Another loss against Djokovic

Roger suffered another defeat against Novak Djokovic in Indian Wells today, losing the semi-final 3-6, 6-3 and 2-6. Roger will now drop to number 3 in the world ranking as Djokovic takes his place.

The Serbian simply played too well in the opening set today as Roger trailed behind 3-6. But Roger then showed all his experience to reel in the younger opponent to level the match by taking the second 6-3. As the match went on both players displayed sublime skills but it was Djokovic who held his nerve in the end, winning the big points to secure to progress to the final after 126 minutes.

It is the ninth defeat for Roger against the Serbian in their 22nd match - our champ has lost all their three encounters so far this year.

“I had my chances today in the singles,” said Federer. “I thought it was a good match, played at a high level. I know I wasn't far away at all today, because I really had him going. But look, I guess he escaped. I guess confidence is a big thing for him at the moment.  I'm sure it's gonna be a good final tomorrow.”

Date: 20.03.2011, Source: RF Official and ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment